2007-05-28

Wegerzyn Gardens


My wife and I spent part of our Memorial Day/Wedding Anniversary weekend walking through Wegerzyn Gardens (before taking in the annual "Art In The Park" festivities). I took this LG 8300 phonecam shot, in a section of the garden no one else was exploring, as we sat for a few quiet minutes enjoying the company.



My idea for this photo was to try and capture, in a single shot, a number of representative objects that might illustrate the grace and beauty of the setting.

Left to right: a decorative urn next to the bench on which we sat; a garden archway destined to be covered with growth by summer's end; a sample of the trimmed hedges scattered throughout the gardens; behind the arch is a 'portal' from that section of the gardens to another; a stylized lamp-post; finally, the curving walkway winds around to complete a circle that passes other decorations, both flowering and man-made, around the star-shaped stone planter, two points of which are visible, that is the centerpiece of this section of the gardens.

A few years ago I visited Wegerzyn and nearby areas with my first digital camera (Casio QV-11). I'll post those images shortly. The low resolution made for some disappointing photos, but they adequately illustrate some other features of this park, including an elevated walkway that runs through the woods in the background of this photo.

I've been wanting to return here with my Fuji S5000 to re-shoot the Casio photo and today's visit cemented that thought when I discovered a fascinating new complex of children's attractions including explorable caves and streams. I just hope the 'fun' area doesn't obscure angles I shot during the Casio photo set.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: