2012-08-23

Super Guppy!

Super Guppy ApproachingNational Museum of the United States Air ForceSuper Guppy parkedThe Amazing Super Guppy!Massive Super GuppySuper Guppy, Fun for the Whole Family!
Shiny Super GuppyLike a Zeppelin with Wings!Hiking for a Closer LookSuper Guppy EnthusiastsSuper Guppy ParkingSuper Guppy Taxis
Super Guppy LandsSuper Guppy TouchdownSuper Guppy Closing InSuper Guppy Descending

OK, this isn't as cool as Bill Bouton's humpback whales off San Luis Obispo, but it's still pretty sweet.

See "Super Guppy" on Wikipedia to learn more about this plane and other Guppy aircraft, and search for Bill Bouton Humpback Whale to see some photos I wish I'd shot.

Via Flickr:
NASA's "Super Guppy" [B-377-SGT] lands in Dayton, Ohio to deliver the Space Shuttle program's CCT-1 (Crew Cockpit Trainer) for future display in the National Museum of the United States Air Force (NMUSAF) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) on August 22, 2012

1 comment:

BonK! said...

I appreciate a wide range of thingks*, and to do so requires some semblance of effective communication, which does not include excessive and poor use of gibberish, slang, and a serious lack of adequate and appropriate punctuation. [For the record, I'm an Oxford Comma kind of guy, but readily toss it for the convenience of short-form social media.] Why this comment?

I moderate all comments. It's not censorship; it's gatekeeping.

So, I have a lengthy rambling comment awaiting moderation which abuses every communicative issue I've mentioned above. The end result seems to promote the author's personal belief system, fails to contribute anything of worth related to the post or this blog as a whole, and it's only purpose would seem to be an attempt to garner personal attention for the author. Well, sorry about your luck, "author". This is my blog and it's for my thoughts, links, and thingks.

My only reason for taking the time to compose this is to help me contemplate whether to simply delete your comment from my moderation queue or to flag it as spam. Since you came here from a blog I enjoy and respect, which I know shares nothing in common with your faux-hip lingo or apparent mission I think it's clear you're spamming connected blogs, and shall be marked as such.

Kind of a shame, really. I do not sense automation in your process, which means you're putting a lot of creative energy into a black hole. Step back, take a look at your life, goals, and method, and maybe you'll get somewhere with it eventually.

Peace, out.

*thingks = objects, ideas, opinions